We offer premium senior transportation services in Ontario, and will consider out of province and USA trips on a case-by-case basis. We specialize in wheelchair and ambulatory transportation to satisfy a variety of mobility needs;
- Medical appointments, tests
- Recreational events
- Day programs (e.g. Alzheimer’s)
- Other special needs
- Daytime, evening and weekend availability
- Concierge services are available upon request
Some seniors have families or loved ones living great distance away or have adult children who are working and cannot take time away from their work to drive mom or dad to the doctors. Some seniors have health issues where medical or physio appointments are needed, and in some cases several times a week. Other non-medical transportation needs may include:
- Visiting a loved one residing in a retirement home or hospital,
- Attending at a weekly Sunday church service,
- Travelling to local concerts or plays such as Centennial Hall or the Huron County Playhouse, or
- Dining at a favourite restaurant, or to have dinner at a family members home.
Our drivers assist those who may require an elbow for support when walking, or will fold up a walker and put it into the trunk. Our policy is to escort all of our clients’ right inside to the designated appointment location (through the door service), and back to the vehicle safely. If passengers know exactly when they would like to be picked up for return, great, but if not our drivers provide business cards with their personal cell numbers so they can be contacted directly.
We’ve also learned over the years that some seniors find that some cabs can simply travel too fast for their liking, or make them feel “rushed” causing a great deal of anxiety. When you book transportation from Senior Care Drivers, drivers provide compassionate high quality service, and do not speed or rush passengers.
Lastly, we understand it can be quite intimidating for some folks to have a different driver each time they need to be transported. This is especially true for those seniors who suffer from dementia or Alzheimer’s. In response to this, we routinely assign the same driver to recurring clients such that drivers become a familiar face and trusted companions over time, and friendships are often formed.
Driver Concierge Service
A Driver Concierge will transport passengers to a medical appointment and stay with them throughout the appointment to ensure they are safe and receive any assistance needed. They will assist with check-ins, help fill out paperwork, or arrange follow-up appointments. We just ask that you arrange this level of service at the time of booking.
A Concierge driver can also attend luncheons or dinner engagements, or sit with our passengers at the theatre or event. You can also book a Concierge Driver to help with shopping or as a companion when visiting friends or family.
Whether you need a ride yourself, or would like to give the gift of mobility to a loved one, we can help. Call us today!
We’ve learned over the years that some senior’s find the cabs system too aggressively, they are trying to met the quotas and/or as quick as possible get to the next paying customer. This causes a great deal of anxiety to the senior by the time they get to their destination. When you book transport from Senior Care Drivers that driver is dedicated to you and will allow you all the time you require.
- CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SCD SERVICES PROVIDED
These services include:
- Escorting clients from their residence to their vehicle and back
- Transporting passengers right to the appointment area and assisting with registration if needed
- Escorting (concierge) services are available on request
- Passengers and/or support staff are provided direct phone contact with drivers to arrange return pick up times
- Management of schedules for future transports
- Collecting and passing on information between the client and family/care giver if requested
- Family members and/or support staff always ride for free (maximum of 2)
- Office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm for booking, however we transport 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Flat rates are available on request
- We except Visa, Master Card, Cheques or Cash
- We provide monthly invoicing on approved credit, and will direct bill to any agency or third party (this service must be prearranged)
- Because a vehicle is dedicated to the client, all pre-bookings require a 24hr cancellation period and must be confirmed by the booking agent
Our vehicles are insured with $2,000,000.00 liability coverage. Our wheelchair vehicles use modern tie downs and passenger secure belts compliant to all Ontario Ministry of Transportation regulations. Wheelchair Passengers are positioned in the centre of the vehicle for the smoothest possible rides.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly with any questions about the services we proudly provide.